I’m very excited to share what has me jumping out of bed lately!
On February 26th 2015, I launched “Pause and Paint”.
How I started Pause and Paint
When I turned 50 years young, I gave myself an Art exhibit as a Birthday present. It was a successful event and I spoke to a lot of women about creativity. A lot of women told me how lucky I was to be able to paint and how they wished they could be more creative! I listened to these women and realized that there was truly a need for a creative outlet out there and I knew I wanted to do something about it.
I decided to write brief outline about my idea to hold painting workshops on the back of the invitations to my exhibit. I told everyone that it was “coming soon”. I believe this was an important step in seeing my vision come to life! That’s how Pause and Paint was born.
The response was amazing! On opening night, 20 Ladies signed up to pause, sip a little wine and PAINT! Since then I’ve had 4 successful events I’ve been helping schools in raising money for their art programs. We booked 4 more fundraisers last week alone!
What Pause and Paint Offers:
- I love helping women in the community enhance their artistic inner voice through painting.
- I create a “Template & Transfer technique that takes care of the ” I can’t draw a stick figure to save my life” syndrome.
- Pause and paint offers is a place where women can take a break from their routine and reconnect with their sense of playfulness and self-empowerment.
Sisterhood and a Safe Environment
- Enables women to walk into the warm and cozy atmosphere of The Augusta Curtis Cultural Center and immediately know they stepped into a safe environment and a place of non-judgement. They immediately are able to let themselves be authentic, let go and have FUN!
- Pause and Paint becomes a creative outlet for women who have a busy schedule and little down time between work and home. It’s a platform where women can gather in sisterhood and leave the worries and stress behind and embrace a well deserved “Me time” with their girlfriends, co-workers and family.
- Within 3 hours, we actually witness a transformation. The weight on their shoulders is lifted and their beautiful smiles becomes wider and their faces become brighter!
- Women around the room offer proud remarks and encouragements for one another. As an artist, this truly feel like I am fulfilling my purpose.
Thank you for looking into my story and help me continue share my message to help women raise their self-esteem and to inspire them to live a glorious life through embracing a joyful and passionate life.